Project Spotlight: 2015 MDHHS Hospital Grantees
The hospital grantees project aimed to improve continuity of care, quality improvement, and breastfeeding rates at 4 birthing hospitals in Michigan: Henry Ford Hospital Detroit, Henry Ford Macomb Hospital, Crittenton Hospital and Medical Center, and Dickinson County Memorial Hospital.
The birthing hospitals, local coalitions, and WIC agencies worked together to implement training, tools, and resources that align their breastfeeding messaging and more deeply connect each organization to the others. Specific deliverables included:
• Hosting community-wide networking meetings
• Creating resource platform profiles
• Customizing We’re Prepared Checklists with community-specific information for breastfeeding services and partnerships
• Educating hospital staff about and creating hospital-wide referral pathways to WIC, the Maternal Infant Health Program (MIHP), and Children’s Special Healthcare Services (CSHCS)
• Training staff and implementing the Coffective System at the hospital, WIC agency, and select home visitor programs, and medical clinics