Michigan Breastfeeding Network presents FREE Great Lakes Breastfeeding Webinars on the 3rd Tuesday of the month from 1-2pm EST in partnership with Michigan Department of Health and Human Services Bureau of Family Services with support provided by Illinois Department of Public Health, Wisconsin Division of Public Health, Minnesota Department of Health WIC Division and Indiana Breastfeeding Coalition.
In providing these webinars, we are committed to 4 core values:
- Access: alignment with ongoing efforts to equitably establish breastfeeding support in every community by providing free, web-based, and regularly occurring continuing education opportunities that equip trusted leaders to provide breastfeeding support in their communities
- Evidence: collaborating with presenters who share respectfully gathered data to inform practical, successful approaches to increase the feasibility of breastfeeding success
- Equity: collaborating with presenters who center the individuals, families, and communities they serve in the approaches they share and whose work is centered outside of the dominant culture
- Relevance: providing pertinent information on dismantling roadblocks to success that are timely and necessary to increase the feasibility of breastfeeding today
Each monthly webinar offers 1 CERP, 1 social work CE hour, 1 nurses’ contact hour, and a certificate of attendance to attendees who are able to watch the webinar in its entirety and complete the post-webinar evaluation.
Tuesday, September 17, 2019 1-2pm EST
Great Lakes Breastfeeding Webinar – More than Apart: The Impact of Separation on the Breastfeeding Relationship
Presenter: Zaje A.T. Harrell, PhD
Description: In recent years there have been more efforts to create policies that address minimizing separation between mother and baby. These are critical in order to establish breastfeeding. However, the impact of separation requires further exploration. This presentation will examine the factors related to separation beginning with a stress and coping framework. We will explore multiple contextual factors related to separation for the breastfeeding dyad and the effect on the breastfeeding relationship. Finally, recommendations regarding early education about how to navigate points of separation will be explored.
Approved for 1 nurse’s contact hour and 1 R-CERP, and 1 social work CE hour.
Click here to register.
We are testing something new – offering access to watch “on-demand” webinars on your own time for continuing education for up to 1 year after the initial air date. The webinar(s) available for this offering will be featured on this section of the webpage. After you register, you can watch the webinar when it is most convenient for you. Within 24 hours after watching the webinar, you will get a link to the post-webinar survey. In order to qualify for continuing education, we ask that you watch the webinar in its entirety and complete the post-webinar survey in its entirety. Certificates for those who watch a webinar on their own time will be distributed within 60 days. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Lactation After Loss” – click here to register.
Presenter: Ambyr Amen-Ra, MA
Description: This webinar discusses the emotional toll of lactation for birthing persons who are dealing with the loss of their child.
1. Participants will learn the importance of providing culturally sensitive emotional and spiritual support to the lactating person after a loss.
2. Participants will identify at least two examples of safe lactation suppression.
Approved for 1 L-CERP and 1 nurse’s contact hour and 1 Social Work CE hour until June 18, 2020.
Click here to view and search our webinar archive, including resources and handouts provided during the educational sessions.
Starting in June 2019, we are testing offering continuing education for watching webinars on your own time. Please click the “Watch On-Demand Webinar” tab to view webinars that are eligible for this offering.